HIRE EMPLOYEES AND RECEIVE $2,000!
On 29 June 2015, the Small Business Grants (Employment Incentive) Act 2015 received assent.
What does this mean? Well basically, every new employee you hire, the government will give you $2,000 cash!
Yes there are certain criteria. But it’s not hard to pass. See below:
1. Your business needs to be a small business (need an ABN, must be under the payroll tax threshold)
2. Employee must be hired for a NEW JOB!
3. Employment commences between 1 July 2015 and 1 July 2019
4. Employment maintained for the minimum employment period (being 1 year since their start date)
5. The employees services must be performed wholly (or mainly) in NSW
There are a few more things that might apply to your situation but the above will give you an idea of whether you need to look into this or not.
You have 60 days to apply for the grant from when you first hire the employee so it's important you act fast on this. There are certain details you need to complete the application form and it's important that you get this right as I am sure the Office of State Revenue will be checking to make sure your claim is legitimate.
If you want to chat to see if you’re eligible, you know our number.